The Pursuit of Happiness

February 10, 2013

Baby Steps

As I mentioned, my one and only darling child graduated this past year. He has moved into a dorm so that left me and my hubby with a sense of "this house is too big" for the two of us. So, what better way to fill the void??


Yep! This past June we adopted this darling little pooch from a local rescue. His name is Mr. Darcy (too much??). We saw him and fell in love with him instantly. He is a shih-tzu and beagle mix. Very precocious, pretentious and affectionate! I had forgotten what it was like to have a little pup in the house again. He's kept me very busy and he's definitely given this house a routine once again. 

He is now 10 months old and we are going to begin "Fundamentals" class next week. Overall, he's pretty well behaved except when visitors come to the door and he's all over them. So, we'll be working on that. My hope is to eventually get him to be a certified therapy dog and take him for hospital visitations. Here is a picture of him now that he's almost fully grown...



I think getting him trained as a therapy dog will be great...for him as well as me. I want to be able to help bring a little more sunshine into people's lives that aren't looking so great at the moment. One look at this furry face and you can't help but smile!



1 comment: